Beastly Terrors, Intrigue, and Evil Adventures Announced for the Pathfinder RPG
As PaizoCon, the annual celebration of all things Pathfinder, comes to a close, Paizo Inc., publisher of the award-winning Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, confirms today the news that Bestiary 5, Pathfinder Adventure Path: Hell’s Vengeance, and Ultimate Intrigue are in development for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.
This Memorial Day weekend, nearly 1000 Pathfinder fans converged on Seattle for four days of gaming, seminars, special events, meet & greets with the Pathfinder design team, and to get exclusive previews of the new Pathfinder products in development for the coming year. Attendees of PaizoCon were the first to hear of the new Adventure Path for the Pathfinder RPG, Hell’s Vengeance. Hell’s Vengeance casts players in the role of villains in service to the devil-binding Empire of Cheliax, as they attempt to put down a surge of rebellions that threaten to topple the nation.
The Pathfinder Adventure Path is Paizo’s monthly, 6-volume story arc for the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. Each 96-page volume contains an in-depth AP scenario, stats for new monsters, and several support articles to give Game Masters additional material to expand their campaign. Hell’s Vengeance kicks off in February 2016 and runs through July, with several tie-in products and accessories throughout 2016.
The forthcoming Pathfinder RPG: Bestiary 5 was also announced at PaizoCon. Inside Bestiary 5 lurk hundreds of new monsters ready for use in the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. From the death-dealing grim reaper, menacing deep ones, and the ground-shaking wood colossus, to allies such as whimsical leshi, inscrutable esoteric dragons, and the powerful aerial servant, players will face-off against creatures that threaten body and soul. Pathfinder RPG: Bestiary 5, scheduled for release in November 2015, is the fifth hardcover volume of monsters for use with the Pathfinder RPG, and includes:
- More than 300 different monsters
- Creatures that can warp the minds of their victims, including the caller in darkness, thought eater, and the bizarre brain mole
- Two new types of creatures from the Great Beyond: the mysterious manasaputra, and the truly vile sahkil, alongside new types of angels, demodands, and devils
- New familiars, animal companions, and other allies
- New templates to get more life out of classic monsters
- Appendices to help find the right monster, including lists by Challenge Rating, monster type, and habitat
- Expanded universal monster rules to simplify combat
- Challenges for every adventure and every level of play
- And much, much more
The Pathfinder RPG is built on a history of wildly popular open playtests, and this year fans can contribute to the development of Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Ultimate Intrigue, the new Pathfinder hardcover that delves into the shadows, where charm, grace, innuendo, and insult may be more powerful than a sharp sword or spell. The Ultimate Intrigue Open Playtest will launch in mid-June, and details will be released on the Paizo blog soon.
Can’t. Freaking. Wait.