Gen Con 2013: Ubisoft and Might & Magic Cast a Spell on the Show
Ubisoft and Might & Magicare set to take over Gen Con 2013, running August 15–18 in Indianapolis, Indiana. Might & Magic Duel of Champions, Might & Magic Heroes Online and three Might & Magic classics will be playable. Additionally, a live demo of Might & Magic X Legacy will be on display for event-goers. Gen Con attendees can come see all of these games in the Wabash 3 Ballroom, open daily from 9 am through 10 pm ET.
Gamers will also have the chance to attend a live Q&A with Erwan Le Breton, creative director behind the Might & Magic franchise, on Thursday, August 15, at 7 pm ET.
Might & Magic Duel of Champions will host a live qualifier for the Road to Paris competition. The Gen Con champion will win a Final Four spot to face off against North American champions from KublaCon, Origins Game Fair and Fan Expo. The North American champion will fly to Paris to compete against the world’s best Might & Magic Duel of Champions players during Paris Games Week. Registration for the Gen Con qualifier starts on Friday, August 16, at 9 am, and the tournament takes place on Saturday, August 17, with the first round scheduled at 10 am and the final match at 7 pm. Gamers can also tune in from home through a Twitch live stream of the event and competition on Friday and Saturday from 3 pm to 9 pm.
Details for the Might & Magic Gen Con appearance include:
- Might & Magic Duel of Champions and the Road to Paris qualifier. Might & Magic Duel of Champions is an online strategic card game available for play by all attendees on iPad® and PC. Fans can compete for a chance to represent the US in the Road to Paris tournament at Paris Games Week in October.
- Might & Magic Heroes Online – a turn-based battleground RPG in which players control powerful Heroes and their armies in battle. For the first time in the US, fans will have the opportunity to play the game and register for the game’s VIP community test.
- Might & Magic X Legacy – a classic turn-based RPG for PC set to release in 2014 will feature a live demo open to all attendees.
- Classic Might & MagicGames – fan favorites Might & Magic® Heroes® VI, Heroes of Might & Magic® III and more will be available to play.
- Fan giveaways – fans will have the opportunity to win limited edition iPads, T-shirts, posters and more!