Make Mine Marvel with Smash Up: Marvel
The Op has released Smash Up: Marvel bringing the comic world to the popular tabletop game. Listened from AEG, the game has players choosing two decks of fan-favorite characters and combining their powers to attempt to dominate their opponent.
The game centers around locations called Bases that have a “breakpoint”. When the limit is breached, each player earns Victory points accoring to their ranking in first, second, and third place. The first player to 15 total points wins the game.
You can choose from eight factions each with a different playing style. The game is perfect for long-time Smash Up fans and new players.
You can choose from:
- The Ultimates: The cosmic themed faction that has the likes of Captain Marvel and Spectrum moves quickly from one base to another, allowing its member to attack from afar.
- The Avengers: Six well-known and loved characters including Iron Man and Hulk have robust powers that are enhanced by items that were made just for them, creating impactful results.
- Spider-Verse: Moving with spectacular speed is this deck’s forte, which means a quick response and special actions that boost the power of its stealthy arachnid characters.
- S.H.I.E.L.D.: These highly-skilled agents infiltrate the battlefield with intensely honed team effort.
- Masters of Evil: Diabolical members like Baron Zemo are built to become more aggressive as the game goes on, claiming more points through their nefarious plots.
- The Kree: Otherworldly and steadfast, their leader The Supreme Intelligence is able to add power to the other members of this militaristic faction.
- Hydra: If one member falls, two can take its place, resulting in intentional sacrifices that evildoers Arnim Zola and Red Skull will have no problem putting into effect.
- The Sinister Six: The city is at this group’s mercy as they have base modifiers that lower breakpoints and allow characters like Doctor Octopus to grab up Victory points as he pleases.
The collection is a stand-alone game, but the 160 faction cards are also compatible with all Smash Up games, which have grown to include over 50 other factions, providing the ultimate crossover experience.
Smash Up: Marvel is for 2-4 players ages 12 and up.