Modiphius Reveals the Star Trek Adventures Shackleton Expanse Campaign Guide
Grab your tricorders and head to the transporter room as today, Modiphius Entertainment has released the Star Trek Adventures Shackleton Expanse Campaign Guide for pre-order online and in retail.
Modiphius web store pre-orders will ship in North America in January, and early October for the rest of the world, while retail delivery dates are January 22, 2022, in North America, and the rest of the world on October 28 of this year.
To order the Shackleton Expanse Campaign Guide, please visit:
To ensure you can start playing in the new campaign setting right away, anyone pre-ordering the Shackleton Expanse Campaign Guide will receive a PDF version immediately. Retailers can request PDF codes for pre-order customers from firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Shackleton Expanse Campaign Guide is the first campaign setting book for the Star Trek Adventures product line and includes setting material to make the Shackleton Expanse your own, as well as an epic 10-part campaign that begins in the original series era and continues into The Next Generation era (and can be adapted for use in any era of play).
Originally developed for the launch of the Star Trek Adventures roleplaying game, the Shackleton Expanse plot was conceived by Modiphius founder Chris Birch and New York Times best-selling author Dayton Ward for use in a living campaign played by over 10,000 groups across the world over the course of two years.
Star Trek Adventures’ project manager Jim Johnson and his team of writers (which includes Dayton Ward, Scott Pearson, Derek Tyler Attico, Kelli Fitzpatrick, and more) have since massively expanded on the first adventures — creating a vast campaign setting that provides plenty of opportunities for both Klingon and Starfleet crews to explore strange new worlds. Whether you’re playing with the Starfleet- or Klingon-focused core rulebooks, there’s plenty of exploration and adventure to go around. Graphic designer Tobias Richter built a custom CGI model of Narendra Station, which features prominently on the cover of the book as well as in several interior illustrations.
The Shackleton Expanse Campaign Guide provides an incredible new region for your Star Trek adventures. Countless wonders and mysteries await within, including strange spatial phenomena that confuse sentient life-forms as well as starship sensors, ancient alien technologies powerful enough to move or obliterate entire star systems, dangerous new species to encounter, and so much more.
The Shackleton Expanse Campaign Guide contains:
- A detailed sandbox setting centered on the Shackleton Expanse and the only jointly-run Federation-Klingon starbase, Starbase 364, also known as Narendra Station
- Five new playable species, including the Orions and four species unique to the Shackleton Expanse
- An epic 10-part campaign spanning the original series and The Next Generation eras, featuring the mysterious Tilikaal
- Guidance on how to create your own stories set in the Shackleton Expanse and beyond, across a century or more of the Star Trek timeline
- A large selection of NPCs found in and near the Expanse, including the command staff of Narendra Station and many new life-forms
- Starship statistics for four “hero” vessels (original series era U.S.S. Lexington and The Next Generation era U.S.S. Bellerophon, U.S.S. Thunderchild, and U.S.S. Venture) as well as NPC spacecraft from a variety of alien species, both new and familiar
- Historical excerpts, personal logs, and intercepted communications, providing fresh perspectives on events related to the Shackleton Expanse
- Multiple paths of entry – all content in this book is usable with any Star Trek Adventures ruleset (Starfleet-oriented core, The Klingon Empire core, or the forthcoming Tricorder Collector’s Edition Set rules digest)
Also, as a partner for this year’s Free RPG Day, taking place online and in select local gaming stores, Modiphius will be giving out print copies of the Star Trek Adventures quickstart, which contains all the rules to get players and gamemasters started, along with a quick one-shot adventure.