NECA/WizKids Announce Gen Con 2011 Exclusives, Sneak Peeks
NECA/WIZKIDS ANNOUNCE GEN CON INDY 2011 EXCLUSIVES, SNEAK PEEKS
SHOW OFF NEW GAMES, CROWN 2011 HEROCLIX WORLD CHAMPION AND MORE!
Hillside, NJ – Aug. 2, 2011 – Leading licensed collectibles maker and game creator, National Entertainment Collectibles Association (NECA)/WizKids today revealed their 2011 Gen Con line-up, with plans to demo several new and upcoming board games and concepts, offer attendees exclusive access to two new titles, announce the HeroClix World Champion and host the HeroClix Online Tournament Smackdown. It all happens this week during Gen Con 2011, August 4-7 in Indianapolis, Ind.
To kick things off, Gen Con attendees and fans will have their first opportunity to purchase two new exciting tabletop games; Quarriors and Star Trek: Fleet Captains. Limited quantities exist as NECA/WizKids offers both of these games to the public for the first time ever!
NECA/WizKids will also be providing demos of these exciting games:
- Quarriors – A unique blend of strategy and chance featuring a revolutionary dice-building game mechanic!
- Star Trek Expeditions – Designed by Reinier Knizia. Your team must cooperate to achieve your mission or the Klingons win!
- Star Trek: Fleet Captains – Battle head-to-head against an enemy fleet for sector supremacy!
- HeroClix – Super heroes and villains battle in classic comic book-style action!
Exclusive sneak-peeks will spotlight two new board game concepts:
- Mage Knight – Designed by Vlaada Chvatil. Fight and conquer as one of four mythic Mage Knights as you battle to secure your place in legend!
- Lord of the Rings: Nazgul – Join your fellow Ringwraiths as you work to destroy the Fellowship of the Ring…but beware! Sauron can only favor one Nazgul in this semi-cooperative game!
During the show, NECA/WizKids will also be hosting the “HeroClix Online (HCO) Tournament Smackdown,” inviting convention attendees as well as HCO players and fans to take part in the four-day competition with the chance to score awesome loot including exclusive Figures and ClixBux. The Smackdown is set to be held online during Gen Con 2011, Aug. 4-7. Full tournament details, prizes and regulations can be found on the official HCO web site.
Last, but certainly not least, the “Road to Worlds” event series concludes at Gen Con 2011 as NECA/WizKids crown the 2011 HeroClix World Champion this weekend.
Stop by the NECA/Wizkids booth #865 for more information or to learn more about HCO and other products.
For news updates and announcements, follow HeroClix Online on Facebook or Twitter @wizkidsgames now.
About WIZKIDS/NECA, INC.
A wholly-owned subsidiary of the National Entertainment Collectibles Association Inc. (NECA), WizKids/NECA is a New Jersey-based game developer and publisher dedicated to creating games driven by imagination. The HeroClix brand is the most successful collectible miniatures games on the market today, with over 250 million miniature game figures sold worldwide. For additional information, visit www.wizkidsgames.com.