Nexus Game Fair Epands their Guest List
Today makes the opening of Event Registration for the Nexus Game Fair, the new convention that’s returning gaming to Milwaukee. It’s been 12 years since Gen Con left the city, and this new convention is hoping to make the city a gaming convention destination once again.
Nexus Game Fair has over 400 individual events on their schedule, with a great variety of events spanning across the entire show. From role-playing games to miniatures and collectible card games to board games, there is certain to be something for everyone to enjoy. All events at Nexus are free, once you have registered for a badge, and there will even be tournaments for Magic the Gathering and Netrunner that offer great prizes!
Nexus Game Fair has an impressive list of industry special guests attending, who will be hosting panels and special events throughout the show. The complete list includes:
- Jolly Blackburn (Knights of the Dinner Table)
- Mike Carr (Dawn Patrol)
- Chris Clark (Inner City Games Designs)
- Dave “Zeb” Cook (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd Edition)
- Jeff Easley (Staff Artist, TSR, Inc.)
- Todd Fisher (Revolution & Empire)
- Matt Forbeck (Deadlands)
- Kenneth Hite (Trail of Cthulhu)
- Tim Kask (Dragon Magazine)
- Dave Kenzer (Hackmaster)
- James Lowder (Author, Prince of Lies)
- Matt McElroy (Drive Thru RPG)
- Frank Mentzer (Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set)
- Merle Rasmussen (Top Secret)
- Lester Smith (Dark Conspiracy)
- Monica Valentinelli (Firefly RPG)
- James M. Ward (Gamma World)
- Rob Wieland (Line Developer, Firefly RPG)
- Skip Williams (Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition)
Nexus Game Fair will be hosting a massive board games library, which consists of nearly 1,100 unique titles. The library, free to attendees, is being provided and run by the Milwaukee Company of Gamers (MilCoG), an association of gamers located throughout Wisconsin and northern Illinois. The convention runs June 19th through June 22nd. A 4-day badge runs $45, and the convention hotel, the Clarion Hotel & Conference Center is running a special rate of $99 per night for attendees.