Paizo and Foundry Virtual Tabletop Announce a Content Partnership
Paizo has announced an official partnership with Foundry Gaming LLC to bring premium content to Foundry Virtual Tabletop. This announcement comes after nearly a year of communal effort from Paizo, Foundry Virtual Tabletop, Sigil Entertainment Group, Syrinscape, and contributors from the FVTT Pathfinder Second Edition development community. Paizo has heard the outpouring of support from the Foundry VTT userbase and is excited to continue to work with the Foundry team to bring Pathfinder content to their platform in a way that emphasizes the quality of the respective products.
The first premium product to release as part of this partnership is the second edition Pathfinder Beginner Box, coming April 16. The release of the Beginner Box on Foundry VTT has been specifically timed to precede the community-driven Beginner Box Day event occurring the weekend of April 23–24, 2022. Fans won’t have to wait long for more content as the debut volume of the Outlaws of Alkenstar Adventure Path, Punks in a Powder Keg, will be available simultaneously with the book’s retail release on April 27. Volumes two and three will follow as they hit store shelves in upcoming months.
Next month, the truly massive Abomination Vaults Adventure Path arrives as an all-inclusive deluxe module, coinciding with the release of the hardcover adventure compilation.
- Among the many premier features players and GMs can expect in these premium offerings are: Adventure and toolbox content converted to Journal Entries, each customized by hand to provide dynamic links to other documents and specific instructions for running the adventure using the automation features of Foundry Virtual Tabletop.
- Scores of unique, high-resolution character and monster tokens.
- Exclusive, highly detailed, and immersive adventure maps with support for Foundry Virtual Tabletop’s Overhead Tiles and Foreground Layer features, re-created using assets from Forgotten Adventures.
- Scenes pre-configured with walls, lights, sound, tokens, and hazards already placed to provide GMs the most convenient experience running the adventure.
- Music, ambience, and sound effects provided using audio from the extensive Syrinscape library.
- Script Macros that allow a GM to ease the effort needed to handle more complex encounters that await players.