Paizo’s Starfinder Alexa Skill Finds a New Home at Wanderword
Wanderword has signed a licensing agreement with Paizo to take their award-winning science-fantasy Starfinder Alexa Skill to new heights. Wanderword will manage the development of the audio adventure, adding the power of their experienced team.
The skill was originally developed by Amazon’s internal team in collaboration with Paizo in December of 2019 and currently has over 900 4-star reviews in the U.S. Skill store alone. The Starfinder team secured two awards at this year’s Project Voice Awards, picking up both Voice Experience of the Year and Developer of the Year, cementing Starfinder’s position as a flagship entertainment title for the Amazon Alexa. Starfinder features over 13 hours of interactive gameplay and is a must for anyone who loves voice-first interactive audio gaming.
The skill guides a solo player through an interactive adventure filled with professional voice actors, exciting sound effects, music, and multiple different story paths based on their in-game decisions. The challenging combat leaves you with the same satisfied feeling that you would get from another video game, but this can be done from anywhere and doesn’t require the use of your hands—just your voice and imagination!
- An interactive space audio adventure epic with over 13 hours of audio to set the scene.
- One free tutorial style mission, “Scoundrels in the Spike,” and six premium full missions are playable at this time.
- “Starfinder: Scoundrels in the Spike” was adapted for Alexa by James L. Sutter, former Starfinder Creative Director and award-winning author.
- Featuring the voice talents of Nathan Fillion (Firefly, Castle), Laura Bailey (Critical Role, The Last of Us Part II), and more!
- Available for purchase now on Amazon, as well as through your smartphone or Alexa device.
Just say, “Alexa, open Starfinder.”
You can also visit the Amazon Alexa Skill Page.