Pathfinder gets Unchained!
Paizo Inc. has released Pathfinder Unchained, the new hardcover rulebook for the award-winning Pathfinder Roleplaying Game. Out in stores now with an MSRP of $39.99, Pathfinder Unchained is an indispensable companion to the Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook.
From totally revised fundamentals like core classes and monster design, to brand-new systems for expanding the way the game is played, Pathfinder Unchained makes the player the game designer, and offers fresh ideas while still blending with the existing system.
Said Jason Bulmahn, Lead Designer for Pathfinder in a release:
Over a year ago, I went to talk to Publisher Erik Mona about a book idea I had. The pitch was simple: ‘Let us do a book filled with whatever crazy ideas we have floating around in our heads.’ He said ‘no.’ I said, ‘Wait though, allow me to explain, our crazy ideas might make the game better.’ He said ‘tell me more,’ and Pathfinder Unchained was born.
Pathfinder RPG: Unchained includes:
- New versions of the barbarian, monk, rogue, and summoner classes, all revised to make them more balanced and easier to play.
- New skill options for both those who want more skills to fill out their characters’ backgrounds and those seeking streamlined systems for speed and simplicity.
- Changes to how combat works, from a revised action system to an exhaustive list of combat tricks that draw upon your character’s stamina.
- Magic items that power up with you throughout your career—and ways to maintain variety while still letting players choose the “best” magic items.
- Simplified monster creation rules for making new creatures on the fly.
- Exotic material components ready to supercharge your spellcasting.
- New takes on alignment, multiclassing, iterative attacks, wounds, diseases and poisons, and item creation.
- And much, much more.
Pathfinder Unchained is available now.