Renegade Game Studios Announces Atheneum: Mystic Library
In Atheneum: Mystic Library, the magic exam is tomorrow so you and your classmates head to the library! With the knock of a magic wand on a precise stack of books — tada! — you can learn an entire subject in an instant. In exchange for this after-hours intrusion, however, the security guard asks you to clean up and organize the library shelves. So roll up your sleeves and get to work!
Study for the exam while cleaning up the library! During the game, you can score points for objectives by placing books on your shelves in specific configurations. At the end of the game, you will score points for full shelf compartments, decorative candles, and shelved books of your favorite subject. Most points wins!
- Study for your exam with magical books from the library!
- Organize the shelves while keeping an eye on your fellow students!
- Every action you take will give actions to the students near you!
- Create the most beautiful and organized shelf with books and candles to win the game!
The game is set to release September 2020 and is designed for 2-5 book enthusiasts ages 10+ and games should take 30-45 minutes. The game is by design studio L’Atelier and features art by Veronika Fedorova.
- 1 Library Board
- 1 Cloth Bag
- 5 Student Pawns (1 per color)
- 30 Magic Wands (6 per color)
- 5 Main Shelves
- 10 Side Shelves
- 160 Book Tokens (32 per color)
- 60 Study Cards
- 35 Objective Cards
- 40 Bonus Tokens
- 30 Spider Tokens
- 1 Rulebook
It will be available for Gen Con pickup, pre-order on the Renegade Game Studios website, or at your friendly local game store!