Thanks to IDW Publishing, you can jump headlong into the world of Dungeons & Dragons no matter how poorly you roll your acrobatics check with the Return to the World of Dungeons & Dragons by IDW Comic Bundle! Comic geniuses like Jim Zub, AJ Mendez, Sal Buscema, Rags Morales, Andrea Di Vito, Jan Duursema, and countless others come together to tell the story of the heroes of Baldur’s Gate as they journey across Icewind Dale and other regions across the Forgotten Realms. With books like Dungeons & Dragons: At the Spine of the World, Dungeons & Dragons: Mindbreaker, Dungeons & Dragons: Legends of Baldur’s Gate, and two dozen others, you won’t want to miss this collection of adventures! Plus, your purchase goes on to support the Hasbro Foundation!
Tag Archives: charity
Gen Con has announced its 2023 charity partners, Indy Reads and Game Pathways! Both organizations will receive proceeds from the convention’s 2023 fundraising efforts, including longstanding charity events such as the popular “Cardhalla.” In addition, both groups will also receive promotional marketing and table space at the convention to connect with attendees and promote their wonderful organizations.
Indy Reads builds literacy, English language, and job readiness skills to empower adults and families to reach their full potential. For nearly 40 years, we’ve worked toward a vision of 100% literacy for all. Current statistics show that 1 in 6 adults in Indiana read at or below a fifth-grade level. Through its in-person and virtual Community Classrooms and workforce certification programs, Indy Reads helps adult learners increase their literacy and English language proficiency, prepare for their High School Equivalency (HSE) diploma, and build the workforce skills to improve their employability and advancement potential. Indy Reads proudly serves adults of all literacy skill levels, including the most beginning-level.
Game Pathways seeks to improve representation and diversity in the tabletop gaming industry by increasing student awareness of career paths, introducing students to industry professionals, and working with game companies to engage under-represented groups. It is a nonprofit organization founded by industry professionals who care about inclusivity, creativity, and celebrating new voices!
Humble Bundle and Paizo have announced the one-week extension of the So You Wanna Try Pathfinder Book Bundle. The Book Bundle is Humble’s most successful to date, selling over 100,000 bundles of Pathfinder Roleplaying game PDFs. It has raised over $180,000 for Code for America, a national nonprofit, which helps municipalities and government institutions implement programs based on open-source software solutions.
Paizo and Humble created a special digital deal to help players access Pathfinder and support a great open-source cause. Inside this bundle, you’ll find a complete set of digital assets to get you started playing Pathfinder—and inspire you to keep playing for many adventures to come. This includes over $400 in rulebooks, world guides, adventures, and accessories—with top-notch high-fantasy lore and art.
All save one of the products in this bundle are PDFs that you can redeem with codes at the Paizo Store, one code per tier. There are three tiers to this bundle, starting at $5 and ending with a digital $25 tier. The last tier also includes the Pathfinder Adventure Path: Abomination Vaults for Foundry VTT.
Humble Bundles offer great deals and support great causes. Purchasers get a say in how much of their donation goes to each participant at checkout.
The So You Wanna Try Pathfinder Humble Bundle will end on March 2 at 11 am PST.
Limitless adventure awaits—and this epic bundle from Paizo is the perfect way to join the thriving community of rangers, rogues, and sorcerers in the Pathfinder 2nd Edition tabletop role-playing game! This Humble Bundle digital adventurer’s kit is packed with everything new heroes need to embark on their own saga, plus tons of RPG resources to power countless adventures to come:
- Outfit yourself with essentials including the digital Pathfinder 2E Beginner Box and Core Rulebook.
- Discover the perils that await in the Abomination Vaults Adventure Path (plus Foundry Virtual Tabletop version) and more campaign ebooks.
- Get resources to enhance your journey, including guides to the Pathfinder world, expanded character options, digital pawns & maps, and more.
Unleash your hero…and help support Code for America with your purchase! The bundle features 28 items valued at $422 that you can get for $25!
Tabletop Industry Launches Massive “RollVsEvil” Charity Effort – Letting Players Better the World by Playing Games
RollVsEvil is a newly formed non-profit charity created by a group of tabletop RPG and boardgame companies to give gaming communities a way to do what they love (playing games) while supporting frontline charitable efforts to battle real-world evil! These efforts will support small groups and charities working directly on the ground where donors can see verifiable immediate results and know that they are changing lives.
RollVsEvil’s first campaign is in support of people suffering from the invasion of Ukraine, with the first of many RollVsEvil gaming events starting this coming weekend. Up to £100,000 / $130,000 in funds will also be matched by Supernova Capital & Partners.
To celebrate the launch, Roll20.net will be streaming a special charity stream on March 25 at 8 PM EDT with GM Anthony Joyce-Rivera and players from TransplanarRPG. The group will be playing a 2-hour session of The Monster of Wonderia.
How it will work:
The first event aims to keep it simple, asking interested gamers to “just play a game” online or in-person on Saturday, March 26. The group suggests that each player commits a few dollars for playing, and during play, think up interesting ways to encourage donations — maybe pay a few dollars to re-roll the dice or draw another card! It’s up to you — keep it fun and simple, then pay your donations in to our fundraising page at www.rollvsevil.com. Remember to sign up for updates, so we can let you know about the progress. Even just a few dollars can add up when thousands of player groups are contributing!
If you’re all remote, don’t worry! Jump on the roll20.net virtual tabletop and play, as they are offering a free bundle for anyone to use who wants to get a game on. In this case, each player should pay their donation to the fundraising page individually. Through Roll20, the RollVsEvil team has the potential of reaching 10 million people, so even a few dollars will add up in this crowdfunded fight for a better world.
And don’t worry, if you can’t play on Saturday, just play a game on any day that works and join in when you can. There’s always someone who could use help, and RollVsEvil aims to do its best to support as many of them as it can.
Here are some examples of the projects the group is currently supporting:
- Funding for a group who are helping vulnerable people, such as the disabled, LGBT, and senior citizens with pets to evacuate, they may need physical help to get out of their apartments and onto a bus to safety.
- Reaching out to hospitals in Lviv and Kyiv and sourcing specific medical supplies directly from manufacturers for them.
- Funding plus laptops and Starlink internet connection for a group working with hostels in Poland to give families and single parents an immediate refuge, providing internet access and safety whilst they find a more long-term home during the war.
- Funding for the A21’s charity campaign on the borders to help combat human trafficking and the gangs who target the vulnerable. Whether providing information to people crossing the border or working with Interpol, we hope to give them the resources to rescue those who’ve been targeted.
- Sourcing donations of supplies such as camping gear, food, and medical supplies for the growing displaced people within Ukraine and shipping them to a team in Lviv who then distribute to those most in need.
- Supporting the work of ICANHELP.HOST, a self-styled free “AirBnB” for displaced people, created by a group of Belarussian IT people who fled persecution in their country.
All of the above have been chosen because they’re having a real, immediate effect now or in the next few days. RollVsEvil is tracking how funds are used, following up with evidence, photos, videos and testimonials to demonstrate the effect your financial support will have.
RollVsEvil has so far gained the support of many tabletop companies to help spread the word including the likes of Mantic Games, Modiphius, Steve Jackson Games, Gama, Cubicle 7, Roll 20, UK Games Expo, Steamforged Games, R Talsorian Games, Chaosium, Titan Forge, Q-Workshop, Paizo, Mythic Games, Magpie Games, Green Ronin, Para Bellum, amongst many others.
RollVsEvil is a not-for-profit limited company set up by Chris and Rita Birch, founders of tabletop games publisher Modiphius Entertainment who initially raised $50,000 together with friends Paul and Linda Wedgwood of Supernova Capital. Paul and Linda have also agreed to match any funds raised up to a total of £100,000 / $130,000.
All costs of running RollvsEvil are being covered by Modiphius Entertainment and Supernova Capital & Partners LLC, so 100% of the funds raised go directly to the projects we are supporting. In addition, we are connecting those who wish to make larger donations directly with medical suppliers who will organize the delivery of urgent supplies to specific Ukrainian hospitals.
Chris and Rita Birch are donors to National Park Rescue and Mumbai’s Vision Rescue. Paul Wedgwood is the patron of the National Video Game Museum, VP of charity Special Effect, and a major backer for National Park Rescue. Linda is ambassador and patron of National Park Rescue.
Video games, comics, roleplaying games, and more have come together for a massive Humble Bundle to benefit Ukraine. The “Stand With Ukraine” bundle features 123 items with a value of over $2,500. So far, it has raised over $10.2 million for charity.
The violent and unlawful invasion in Ukraine is taking a tragic toll—displacing people, devastating families, and creating an urgent need for food, water, supplies, shelter, and safety. To help out how we can, we’ve joined forces with game creators, book publishers, and software makers around the globe for a bundle 100% dedicated to supporting the victims and refugees from Ukraine during this crisis.
100% of the proceeds will go to Razom for Ukraine, International Rescue Committee, International Medical Corps, and Direct Relief. Support vital humanitarian crisis relief efforts for the people of Ukraine today.
$40 will get you everything. A little over 4 days remain for this bundle as of this post.
Modiphius Entertainment has shared the results of some of their recent charitable activities. Through a massive sale of their original Achtung! Cthulhu products and a Star Trek Adventures Humble Bundle, Modiphius raised $35,000 for National Park Rescue, a charity devoted to supporting African national parks and the wildlife they protect.
In November of 2021, Modiphius put the last of their stock of older Achtung! Cthulhu products on sale in order to make room for the new, 2D20 version of the game and product line. All proceeds from this sale were donated to National Park Rescue and as part of this, Modiphius matched sales of the final stocks of the books dollar for dollar. In total just over $18,000 was raised which Modiphius topped off to $20,000.
An additional $15,000 was raised through the Star Trek Adventures RPG Humble Bundle that was offered from December 17, 2021, until January 14, 2022. With the total amount adding up to $35,000, Modiphius and National Park Rescue will be putting the donation towards a range of key projects that will have a major impact on the ground. First off, important repairs to the facilities will bring the vehicle bay and workshop back to working order to better service the fleet of patrol vehicles and ranger equipment. A new park entrance will help bring pride to the people of the surrounding communities, many of whom work in the park providing essential services, and Modiphius is working with the team to identify key needs in the communities for further funds.
National Park Rescue differentiates themselves from many high-profile conservation organizations by being a direct action organization. The organization designs and implements their own projects, and holds themselves accountable for any results. This includes being responsible for maintaining and repairing all equipment; such as vehicles, GPS units, radios, and equipment used by their Wildlife Authority partners. The structure of their organization, lack of any permanent office, and minimization of any overhead, ensures all donations actually make it to the front line.
National Park Rescue works with Zimbabwe Parks and Wildlife Management Authority (ZimParks), who own and are responsible for the management of the parks. They are almost exclusively staffed by people that live close to their operations, with more than 75% of staff coming from villages literally bordering the park.
The Free League Humble Bundle Has Launched, Including Tales From the Loop, Things From the Flood & Symbaroum
Humble Bundle’s latest charitable bundle launched today and includes the award-winning tabletop roleplaying games Tales From the Loop, Things From the Flood, and Symbaroum from game developer and publisher Free League.
Humble Bundle allows you to pay what you want with buyers able to choose how to allocate the money.
The Humble Bundle benefits Active Minds. Active Minds is the nation’s leading nonprofit promoting mental health for young adults ages 14-24. Their focus is on changing the culture around mental health, by changing the way we talk about, care for, and value mental health in our lives and in our communities. They’re best known for their National Chapter Network at high schools and universities, an iconic Send Silence Packing suicide-prevention exhibit, Active Minds Speakers, and their new @Work corporate programs.More details on Active Minds can be found here.
TALES FROM THE LOOP & THINGS FROM THE FLOOD
• Tales From the Loop RPG Starter Set
• Tales From the Loop RPG – Core rulebook
• Things From the Flood RPG – Core rulebook
• Tales From the Loop: Our Friends the Machines
• Tales From the Loop: Out of Time
• Symbaroum RPG – Core Rulebook
• Symbaroum – Game Master’s Guide
• Symbaroum – Advanced Player’s Guide
• Symbaroum – Monster Codex
• Symbaroum Starter Set – Treasure Hunts in Davokar
• Thistle Hold – Wrath of the Warden
• Karvosti – The Witch Hammer
• Yndaros – the Darkest Star
• Symbar – Mother of Darkness
Below are the tiers:
Pay $1 to Unlock:
- Yndaros – the Darkest Star
- Symbaroum Starter Set – Treasure Hunts in Davokar
- Tales from the Loop RPG Starter Set
Pay $10 or more to also Unlock:
- Tales from the Loop: Out of Time
- Symbaroum – Advanced Player’s Guide
- Thistle Hold – Wrath of the Warden
- Karvosti – The Witch Hammer
Pay $18 or more to also Unlock:
- Tales from the Loop RPG: Rulebook
- Things from the Flood RPG: Rulebook
- Symbaroum – Core Rulebook
- Symbaroum – Game Master’s Guide
- Symbar – Mother of Darkness
- Symbaroum – Monster Codex
- Tales from the Loop: Our Friends the Machines
Push back the forces of Chaos with Black Library ebooks like Dawn of Fire Avenging Son, Lords of Silence, and Double Eagle. Humble Bundle and Black Library have a new Humble Bundle featuring $295 worth of Black Library books for pay what you want.
Each purchase helps support EveryLibrary! Check out the bundle tiers below.
Pay $1 to unlock:
- Cadian Honour
- Choose Your Enemies
- Double Eagle
- Fifteen Hours
- Cadian Blood
Pay $10 or more to unlock:
- Black Legion
- Fabius Bile: Clonelord
- The Lords of Silence
- Shroud of Night
- Lords and Tyrants
- Blood Reaver
- Dark Apostle
- Lucius: The Faultless Blade
Pay $18 or more to unlock:
- Nexus & other Stories
- Blood of Iax
- Ashes of Prospero
- War of Secrets
- Knights of Macragge
- Dawn of Fire: Avenging Son
- The Great Devourer
- Rise of the Ynnari: Wild Rider
- The Beast Arises Volume 1
- Battle of the Fang
- Brothers of the Snake
- Path of the Dark Eldar
IDW Publishing and Humble Bundle have launched the “Humble Comics Bundle: Dungeons & Dragons by IDW Publishing.”
The bundle promotion, running from April 12 through May 3, features a thrilling selection of Dungeons & Dragons adventures, including up to 28 full graphic novels, plus individual issues of IDW’s latest D&D series, Infernal Tides and At the Spine of the World. Fans can simply pay what they want, starting at only $1.00 to purchase a basic tier, then increase their contribution up to $25 to add even more epic graphic novels to their collection.
A portion of the proceeds from the bundle will go to Hasbro Children’s Fund. The Hasbro Children’s Fund is responsible for the majority of Hasbro’s grant-making. Grants made by the Hasbro Children’s Fund focus on their philanthropic mission to stand up for children, passionately working together to create a universe where every child experiences hope, kindness and joy.
The $1.00 Tier includes:
- Dragonlance Chronicles, Vol. 1: Dragons of Autumn Twilight
- Dragonlance Classics Vol. 1
- Dungeons & Dragons: At the Spine of the World #1
- Dungeons & Dragons: Infernal Tides #1
- Forgotten Realms Classics Vol. 1
The $10.00 Tier includes:
- Dragonlance Chronicles, Vol. 2: Dragons of Winter Night
- Dragonlance Legends: Time of the Twins
- Dungeons & Dragons, Vol. 2: First Encounters
- Dungeons & Dragons Classics Vol. 1
- Dungeons & Dragons: Evil at Baldur’s Gate
- Dungeons & Dragons: Infernal Tides #2
- Dungeons & Dragons: Infernal Tides #3
- Forgotten Realms Classics Vol. 2
The $18.00 Tier includes:
- Dragonlance Chronicles, Vol. 3: Dragons of Spring Dawning
- Dragonlance Classics Vol. 2
- Dragonlance Classics Vol. 3
- Dragonlance: The Legend of Huma
- Dungeons & Dragons, Vol. 3: Down
- Dungeons & Dragons: A Darkened Wish
- Dungeons & Dragons Classics Vol. 2
- Dungeons & Dragons Classics Vol. 3
- Forgotten Realms Classics Vol. 3
- Forgotten Realms Classics Vol. 4
The $25.00 Tier includes:
- Dungeons & Dragons, Vol. 1: Shadowplague
- Dungeons & Dragons: Abraxis Wren of Eberron
- Dungeons & Dragons Classics Vol. 4
- Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Sun Vol. 1 – Ianto’s Tomb
- Dungeons & Dragons: Forgotten Realms Vol.1
- Dungeons & Dragons: Frost Giant’s Fury
- Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt, Vol. 1: Homeland
- Dungeons & Dragons: Legends of Baldur’s Gate
- Dungeons & Dragons: Shadows of the Vampire