WizKids and Gale Force Nine have released the new HeroClix strategy game X-Men: Mutant Revolution, in North American retail this week.
X-Men: Mutant Revolution allows you to play as classic X-Men characters — including Wolverine, Cyclops, Magneto, and Storm — as they lead their school against its rivals. In the game, 3-4 players will recruit heroes and students, training each team and sending them on missions to spread your vision for mutants to the world.
In the aftermath of the Phoenix event, new mutants are appearing all over the Earth. Wolverine, Cyclops, Magneto, and Storm each have a vision for the future, but will they unite humans with mutants, or will they tear the world apart?
The game features:
- Play as Wolverine, Cyclops, Magneto, or Storm as they lead their school with unique powers and abilities. Recruit heroes and students. Train your team and send them on missions to spread your vision for mutants to the world.
- X-Men: Mutant Revolution HeroClix Strategy Game is a head-to-head battle for the future of mutant-kind, where 3-4 people play as leaders of the mutant schools.
- Based on the best-selling game Spartacus: A Game of Blood and Treachery from Gale Force Nine.
- The X-Men: Mutant Revolution Strategy Game includes four (4) character miniatures and Bidding Dials featuring an all new application of WizKids’ patented Combat Dial system.
Wizards of the Coast announced today that the next storyline for their revamped Dungeons & Dragons is called Elemental Evil. The story will thread through lots of different products including things for both digital and tabletop players. Elemental Evil will begin this March and run through mid-summer during which heroes are needed in the Forgotten Realms to discover and defeat secret cults that threaten to annihilate the Sword Coast by harnessing the powers of the elements of fire, water, air, and earth.
The product line-up includes the release of a new downloadable module—Neverwinter: Elemental Evil—for the highly acclaimed free-to-play Dungeons & Dragons MMORPG from Cryptic Studios and Perfect World Entertainment. Serving as an additional way for fans to experience the storyline, Neverwinter: Elemental Evil brings a new playable class—the Paladin—and increases the game’s level cap to 70. Neverwinter is set in the Forgotten Realms, and the new expansion launches in early 2015. Cryptic also recently announced Neverwinter on Xbox One will be available in early 2015 as well.
Characters in the D&D tabletop roleplaying game can help prevent devastation to the lands and people of the Forgotten Realms in the Princes of the Apocalypse adventure by Wizards of the Coast and Sasquatch Game Studio. Princes of the Apocalypse is available on April 7, 2015 and includes an epic adventure for characters levels 1 – 15 as well as new elemental spells and the element-touched genasi as a new playable race. In addition, a free download will be available in mid-March that includes more new races plus the player content available in Princes of the Apocalypse, just in time for the start of the Elemental Evil season of the D&D Adventurers League.
Other products tied into the Elemental Evil storyline include the Temple of Elemental Evil Adventure System Board Game and pre-painted collectible miniatures, both from WizKids Games. WizKids has also partnered with Perfect World Entertainment to bundle in-game items for Neverwinter with the Temple of Elemental Evil Adventure System Board Game and miniatures boosters. Rounding out the tabletop RPG game products is Gale Force Nine’s new Dungeon Master’s screen featuring Elemental Evil art, as well as unpainted, resin miniatures that tie into the adventure, all slated to release beginning in March.
Expanding upon the successes of Marvel Comics-themed games like Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men and Marvel HeroClix, WizKids today announced a partnership with game creator Gale Force Nine to publish X-Men: Mutant Revolution in March 2015.
Based on Gale Force Nine’s popular Spartacus: A Game of Blood and Treachery tabletop game, X-Men: Mutant Revolution will allow you to play as classic X-Men characters, including Wolverine, Cyclops, Magneto, or Storm, as each leads a different school with unique powers and abilities. 2-4 players can take part in the mutant action, each recruiting heroes and students to their school, then training teams and sending them on missions to spread their school’s vision for mutants to the world.
In the aftermath of the Phoenix event, new mutants are appearing all over the Earth. Wolverine, Cyclops, Magneto, and Storm each have a vision for the future, but will they unite humans with mutants or will they tear the world apart?
X-Men: Mutant Revolution Features:
- Play as Wolverine, Cyclops, Magneto, or Storm as they lead their school with unique powers and abilities. Recruit heroes and students. Train your team. Send them on missions to spread your vision for mutants to the world.
- 2-4 players battle head-to-head for the future of mutantkind as leaders of the mutant schools.
- Based on the bestselling “Spartacus: A Game of Blood and Treachery” from Gale Force Nine.
- Includes four (4) pre-painted character miniatures and bidding dials featuring the Combat Dial® (HeroClix) technology.