From Ivan Sorensen and published by Modiphius.net through their VIA Modiphius imprint, Five Leagues From the Borderlands, the solo and cooperative adventure wargame, is now available for pre-order. The latest series of games in the “Five X from the X” franchise, Five Leagues From the Borderlands features procedurally generated experiences mixing dungeon delves and overland explorations, all set in a harsh, battle-torn fantasy world plagued by monsters and malice that threaten to overtake everything.
Perfect for those new to fantasy or miniature gaming, Five Leagues From the Borderlands can be played on a 2x2ft or 3x3ft space, with any miniatures you own, a handful of six-sided dice, a pair of percentile dice, and paper and pens. The game is designed from the ground up with solo-play in mind, but it is suitable for co-op gameplay as well. Five Leagues From the Borderlands features over 100 different enemy types, 17 unique foes, and six scenario types that can play out in many ways.
Can your band of hardened heroes reclaim the land from the darkness, or will they be just another group of fallen warriors, forgotten to time? Head over to the Modiphius store [UK/US] to pre-order Five Leagues From the Borderlands, and begin your fight against the encroaching darkness!
Five Leagues From the Borderlands Features:
- Fast-moving miniatures agnostic rules, developed specifically for solo & co-op adventure wargaming with a procedurally generated campaign world
- Create a Warband of hard-as-nails adventurers, whether human or one of five other origins, and follow their story! Develop their skills, gain spells and magical weapons!
- Explore and map out the game world, meet people on the road, delve into ancient ruins, discover strange villages and brooding lairs — all the while engaging in desperate battles
- Undertake epic quests, face off against fearsome monsters and foil your enemy’s plans as they are revealed to you
- A host of random tables and systems provide unexpected challenges and fodder for new adventures in a living, breathing world that will unfold before your eyes
- Several options to tailor the game difficulty to your tastes, as well as mechanics to add your own narrative elements