Games Workshop gets loaded up for the holidays with the release of a new codex for Warhammer 40K and army boxes for 40K and Warhammer: Age of Sigmar. Check out below what you can pre-order now!
Fall into the red thirst with the new codex for the Blood Angels. The sons of Sanguinius get the spotlight with a new book covering their history, heraldry, and specialized units. There are unique rules for the Blood Angels and their successor Chapters. The codex has a regular and limited edition.
You’ll be able to show off your devotion to the army with datacards and dice. The Blood Angels Datacards help keep track of Strategems, psychic powers, and new Death Visions. You’ll also be able to deal some damage with new red and black Blood Angels dice that fit the army featuring blood drops!
But you’ll need a force to do battle with and Games Workshop has you covered with all new models!
But, what’s a Blood Angels force without the Death Company?! You’ll be able to get Death Company Intercessors to strike terror in your opponents. The kit features five Intercessors and a Blood Angels upgrade frame.
But, it’s not just Blood Angels in the spotlight, Space Marines as a whole get some reinforcements.
You’ll be able to get Assault Intercessors to add to your force. The multipart kit contains loads of new weapon options and poses including several options to equip your Sergeant. There’s enough to build a full squad of 10.
Army boxes are an easy way to build your forces and Games Workshop is releasing a handful for both Warhammer 40,000 and Warhammer: Age of Sigmar.
For Age of Sigmar, you’ll be able to get:
- Disciples of Tzeentch – Fatesworn Host – Massed mortal infantry supported by a greater daemon of Tzeentch
- Kharadron Overlords – Barak-Nar Skyfleet – Plunder the realms and turn a tidy profit with this airborne force of Kharadron Overlords, led by none other than Lord-Magnate Brokk Grungsson.
- Gloomspite Gitz – Fungal Loonhorde – Loads of troggoths and loads of squigs, a mix of heavy-hitters and cheap-and-cheerful infantry
- Ogor Mawtribes – Meatgrinder Warglutt – An army of ogors is ready to devour the realms, led by a Tyrant and supported by an Aleguzzler Gargant!
You can also start a whole new force or bolster an existing one with these Warhammer 40,000 army boxes:
- Space Marines – Interdiction Force – A highly mobile force of Vanguard units, including an Impulsor and an Invictor Tactical Warsuit, plus all the Phobos armor
- Necrons – Eradication Legion – A great way to expand on the contents of the Indomitus box or any of the starter sets, and it includes an imposing Triarch Stalker and a swift and deadly Doom Scythe!
- Astra Militarum – Bastion Platoon – Ground-pounding units, along with a few choice support vehicles, will form the core of a great collection. Also works as a Genestealer Cult or Chaos Cultists!
- Chaos Space Marines – Decimation Warband – Stuffed with heavy infantry, a Chaos Lord to lead them, and a massive Maulerfiend (or Forgefiend) to offer support.
- T’au Empire – Starpulse Cadre – Loads of battlesuits, a variety of infantry, plus a Piranha for good measure!
- Tyranids – Brood Swarm – Genestealers, Gargoyles, and a bunch of big beasties!
Black Library has you covered with Guy Haley‘s Astorath: Angel of Mercy which will be available as a hardback limited edition. The release is limited to 1,250 copies and it’s signed by the author. The book also contains Haley’s short story, “The Redeemer”.
If audiobooks are more your thing, Nexus + Other Stories will be available to pre-order as well. This collection includes a novella, plus more than a dozen short stories that explore many of the factions across the galaxy. It’s as exciting for someone just getting started with Warhammer 40,000 as it is for seasoned veterans.