At New York Comic Con, Hasbro revealed the next chapter in the War for Cybertron storyline, Earthrise. A new Mercenary faction is coming to Transformers and you’ll be able to see them first in the Transformers: Trading Card Game.
The siege is over, but the War for Cybertron has just begun. The Autobots and Decepticons have left Cybertron, but their battle rages on as they hurtle through space in pursuit of the Allspark. With unforeseen dangers lurking ahead and the Decepticons closing in from behind, the only way out for the Autobots is to find a way through. Both sides must navigate the perils of space and instantly adapt to battle anywhere in the cosmos. With the highly advanced A.I.R. (Adaptable Interconnection Retrofitter) Locks system, the fighters don’t head to the battlefield — they become it. Bots capable of converting into Modular Battle Stations can A.I.R.-Lock together in custom configurations to fit the needs of battle. As the battle rages through space, success depends on who can best adapt to the battlefield beyond. But it’s not just the battlefield that commands adaptability. Allegiances can shift just as rapidly, with a new Mercenary faction introduced into the Earthrise world alongside the Autobots and Decepticons.
TRANSFORMERS: TCG – WAR FOR CYBERTRON: SIEGE II MERCENARIES
(Ages 6 and Up/ Approx. Retail Price: $3.99/ Available: 11/08/2019)
The Mercenaries are coming to EARTHRISE product in 2020, but fans
can get the first taste of them with TRANSFORMERS TCG – WAR FOR CYBERTRON: SIEGE II. The TRANSFORMERS
Trading Card Game is a fast-paced, action-packed battler for two players. Each
player builds a team of oversized, double-sided TRANSFORMERS character cards
and fights for victory, switching their characters between different modes and
employing a vast array of weapons and upgrades along the way. Like other TRANSFORMERS
TCG Character Cards, Mercenaries are distributed in Booster Packs across
varying levels of rarity.
As the battle
reaches its crescendo in WAR FOR CYBERTRON: SIEGE II, the AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS
turn to desperate means to secure victory. The DECEPTICONS wake their most
dangerous weapon… the mighty Titan, TRYPTICON!
Each WAR FOR CYBERTRON: SIEGE II sealed Booster Display Box includes 30 Booster Packs and a TRYPTICON Pack. The TRYPTICON Pack contains one Titan-sized TRYPTICON Character Card and 3 large Character Cards as his minions: BRUNT, FULL-TILT and WIPE-OUT! Each WAR FOR CYBERTRON: SIEGE II Booster Pack includes 1 Large Character Card, 1 Small Character Card and 6 Battle Cards. Available at most major retailers and hobby stores on 11/08/2019.
Konami presents attendees of this year’s New York Comic Con with a thrilling spread of experiences! Drop by to sample different aspects of the cultural phenomenon that is the Yu-Gi-Oh! brand, from convention-exclusive merchandise and video game demos, to friendly competition and cool prizes! Whether you’re a seasoned Dueling veteran, a fan of the Yu-Gi-Oh! manga and animated series or just a curious newcomer, booth #1321 is the place to be all weekend long from October 3 to October 6.
The Konami booth is always a popular place for NYCC attendees with plenty to do for fans of the Yu-Gi-Oh! brand, and this year is no exception! Attendees will find a wealth of fun activities and attractions, including…
- Green Screen Photo Booth: Make your own personalized Yu-Gi-Oh! Token Card where you can choose from different card backgrounds and Dueling legends or the 2019 NYCC logo – suitable for use during Duels!
- Con Exclusive Game Mat: Take a trip to the retail counter to pick up the 2019 New York Comic Con Exclusive Game Mat! Available for $30 USD (including sales tax), this year’s Game Mat features signature monsters wielded by the biggest rivals from Yu-Gi-Oh!’s first three series: Kaiba’s Blue-Eyes White Dragon, Chazz’s Armed Dragon LV10, and Jack Atlas’ Red Dragon Archfiend!
Exclusive Game Mat for 2019 New York Comic Con
- Retail: Duel fans looking to pick up some of the year’s biggest releases will find plenty of them at the KONAMI booth, with some of the latest and greatest Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG products available all weekend long. Recent hits like Structure Deck: Rokket Revolt, Fists of the Gadgets, Rising Rampage Special Edition, Legendary Duelists: Immortal Destiny, the 2019 Gold Sarcophagus Tin plus many more will be available for purchase, all while supplies last!
- Game Demos for New Players: Curious about Dueling? Attendees are invited to pull up a chair and learn how to play in a Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG or Yu-Gi-Oh! Speed Duel demonstration! Learn from one of our dedicated experts and you’ll get to score a show exclusive coupon good for a free gift with purchase, just for completing your demo!
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links: With over 90 million downloads, the blockbuster Yu-Gi-Oh! gaming app has become a worldwide phenomenon on iOS, Android and PC Steam. Show attendees will get to try out new gameplay from Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions, a brand-new game world! And every participant gets a special Token to redeem for a chance at one of dozens of different Yu-Gi-Oh!-themed prizes!
- Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution: Visitors to the booth can experience the smash hit Yu-Gi-Oh! game for the Nintendo Switch™, featuring more than 9000 cards and countless moments from the animated series. All participants receive a special Token to redeem for one of many Yu-Gi-Oh!-themed prizes!
Attendees looking for some friendly competition can find public event tournaments right in the KONAMI booth! Drop by Thursday to Sunday for 2020 Regional Qualifiers, ATTACK OF THE GIANT CARD!! tournaments (Friday & Saturday only), Speed Duel Starter and Constructed Deck tournaments, Duel Links tournaments, Win-A-Mat and Structure Deck tournaments, and even a chance to Duel the Master, where you can take on one of our Master Duelists for a chance to win exclusive tournament packs! Dragon Duel Tournaments for children born 2006 or later will take place on Saturday and Sunday. The best part? Entry is free for all NYCC attendees, so make sure to bring your best constructed Deck! Check out the FAQs for more information.