Spin Master to Debut at Gen Con 2011 as Sponsors & Family Fun Pavilion Exhibitors
Redakai™ and Spin Master Games Will Host Tournaments Daily
INDIANAPOLIS – July 19, 2011- Spin Master is excited to make its debut at this year’s Gen Con with the launch of its exciting new Trading Card Game, Redakai™ as well as featured games from Spin Master Games; Stomple™ and the 50th Anniversary of Stratego™.
“Spin Master has a strong history of launching hits. Their balance of innovation and love for classic gaming is a great fit for Gen Con. Seeing children react to Redakai™ is awesome; we are glad to have such strong support in the Family Fun Pavilion,” says Scott Elliot, senior director of sales for Gen Con.
Featured in the Family Fun Pavilion, Spin Master will be hosting a variety of events over the course of convention. The Redakai team will spearhead Learn to Play techniques, Sealed Pack Events, Constructed Events, and a Championship Tournament while The Spin Master Games team will host Adult and Junior Tournaments for both Stratego and Stomple.
“Gen Con is extremely important to the game industry,” says Mark Sullivan, EVP of Marketing for Spin Master Ltd. “Supporting the Family Fun Pavilion will be a great opportunity for so many people to learn our new games, Redakai & Stomple as well as play old favorites, such as Stratego. After all, they say it’s The Best Four Days In Gaming.”
Redakai™ is an all-new boys action property, which features fresh new strategic gameplay, amazing Blast3D™ technology and a televised series on Cartoon Network produced by Spin Master Ltd and Zodiak Kids/Marathon Media.
50th Anniversary Stratego™ for half a century, the red and blue armies of Stratego have battled in homes across America. The Deluxe 50th Anniversary Edition honors the heritage of Stratego with the original nostalgic theme, an elegant folio package and all the strategy and excitement that have made Stratego a family favorite. Experience exclusive never-before-seen cannon game pieces that allow you to name and destroy your opponents pieces. Enter the epic strategic battle with the 50th Anniversary edition of Stratego!
Stomple™ is a strategic marble stomping game. Outwit your opponents by stomping their marbles before they stomp yours and out maneuver by leading their stomper trapped with no escape. If you outstomp the competition, you win!
Schedule of Events:
Learn to Play
· All new players can stop by the Events area or their Booth in the exhibit hall to learn how to play the game.
Sealed Pack Events
· Any player who buys a structure deck or championship tin product at their booth or events area is eligible to participate for free in one of their many sealed pack events throughout the show
· They will also have daily constructed events for Redakai experts to bring their custom collection of cards to take on all challengers.
· The whole event culminates in their first ever Redakai Championship on Saturday morning
· The winner will be named their first Champion and win an ipad2!
· Other exciting prizes, online coverage of the event and winning players/decks, and appearances by the design team behind Redakai make this an event not to be missed.
League Prizes all con long!
· Everyone who plays in any events in their Events area during Gen Con is eligible to win league exclusive prize cards just for playing!
· Earn stamps for each game you play and get achievement cards as you play more!
· Players win two rounds and they advance to the championship on Sunday (Junior & Adult)
· Winner of Tournament receives – $500 American Express Gift Card, Games Prize Pack and the EXCLUSIVE Stratego 50th Anniversary Edition
· 2nd Place – Exclusive 50th Anniversary Stratego Game & Stomple Game
· 3rd & 4th Place – Exclusive Stratego 50th Anniversary Edition
Daily gaming events culminate into a championship event on Sunday for Stratego
· Each Stomple game is a stand-alone tournament played daily
· Meet and play the inventor of Stomple each day
· Each day in the training room, play the giant game of Stomple every day!
All finalists get a t-shirt for the Stratego and Stomple events
For more information please visit www.spinmaster.com and visit them at The Spin Master Booth #219.
About Gen Con
Gen Con, LLC produces the largest consumer hobby, fantasy, sci-fi and adventure game convention in North America. It was acquired in 2002 by former CEO and founder of Wizards of the Coast Peter Adkison, who owns the company headquartered in Seattle, Washington. Gen Con is a consumer and trade experience dedicated to gaming culture and community. For more information visit the website at www.gencon.com. For up-to-the minute details, find us at www.facebook.com/genconindy and at www.twitter.com/gen_con
About Spin Master Ltd.
A multi-category children’s entertainment company since 1994, Spin Master has been designing, developing, manufacturing and marketing consumer products for children around the world and is recognized as a global growth leader within the toy industry. Spin Master is best known for such popular brands as boy’s action phenomena and 2010 Boys Toy of the Year winner Bakugan Battle Brawlers™, and award-winning brands Air Hogs®, Aquadoodle™, Tech Deck™, Moon Sand™, Liv™, and Zoobles™. The company has also marked an entry into children’s media with the launch of Spin Master Entertainment, a subsidiary focusing on the design, development and production of television and other media properties. Spin Master employs 900 people with offices in Toronto, Los Angeles, London, Paris, Hong Kong, Mexico, Munich, and central Europe. For additional information please visit: www.spinmaster.com.