Humble Bundle’s latest charitable bundle launched today and includes the award-winning tabletop roleplaying games Tales From the Loop, Things From the Flood, and Symbaroum from game developer and publisher Free League.
Humble Bundle allows you to pay what you want with buyers able to choose how to allocate the money.
The Humble Bundle benefits Active Minds. Active Minds is the nation’s leading nonprofit promoting mental health for young adults ages 14-24. Their focus is on changing the culture around mental health, by changing the way we talk about, care for, and value mental health in our lives and in our communities. They’re best known for their National Chapter Network at high schools and universities, an iconic Send Silence Packing suicide-prevention exhibit, Active Minds Speakers, and their new @Work corporate programs.More details on Active Minds can be found here.
The massive TTRPG bundle is up for grabs now up until June 14 at 11 am PT and includes:
TALES FROM THE LOOP & THINGS FROM THE FLOOD
• Tales From the Loop RPG Starter Set
• Tales From the Loop RPG – Core rulebook
• Things From the Flood RPG – Core rulebook
• Tales From the Loop: Our Friends the Machines
• Tales From the Loop: Out of Time
• Symbaroum RPG – Core Rulebook
• Symbaroum – Game Master’s Guide
• Symbaroum – Advanced Player’s Guide
• Symbaroum – Monster Codex
• Symbaroum Starter Set – Treasure Hunts in Davokar
• Thistle Hold – Wrath of the Warden
• Karvosti – The Witch Hammer
• Yndaros – the Darkest Star
• Symbar – Mother of Darkness
Below are the tiers:
Pay $1 to Unlock:
- Yndaros – the Darkest Star
- Symbaroum Starter Set – Treasure Hunts in Davokar
- Tales from the Loop RPG Starter Set
Pay $10 or more to also Unlock:
- Tales from the Loop: Out of Time
- Symbaroum – Advanced Player’s Guide
- Thistle Hold – Wrath of the Warden
- Karvosti – The Witch Hammer
Pay $18 or more to also Unlock:
- Tales from the Loop RPG: Rulebook
- Things from the Flood RPG: Rulebook
- Symbaroum – Core Rulebook
- Symbaroum – Game Master’s Guide
- Symbar – Mother of Darkness
- Symbaroum – Monster Codex
- Tales from the Loop: Our Friends the Machines
Brave adventurer, this is your moment. Free League Publishing has announced a starter set for their praised dark fantasy tabletop roleplaying game Symbaroum that will release February 16.
The Symbaroum Starter Set – Treasure Hunts in Davokar is the perfect entry point to venture deep into the lush world and offers treasure hunts and expeditions in the mysterious forest.
The set contains everything needed to start playing, including two ready-made adventure sites, guidelines for creating treasure hunt adventures, a 64-page rulebook, a 64-page adventure compendium, a dice set, two double-sided full color maps and six printed character sheets with pre-made player characters.
The new boxed set will be priced at ($39.99) and is now available for preorder. The preorder offer places the customer first in line when the shipping starts, and gives exclusive access to a high-res digital Symbaroum Artbook that will not be made available to any others.
The Symbaroum Starter Set – Treasure Hunts in Davokar is written by Mattias Johnsson Haake and Mattias Lilja, with art by the critically acclaimed artist Martin Grip, all three co-creators of Symbaroum are also involved in writing, editing, and illustrating for games such as Coriolis – The Third Horizon, Vaesen, Forbidden Lands and the official ALIEN RPG.
The long-lost artifact known as the Rod of Light and Darkness had a touch that could breathe life into dead things or steal it away from that which lived. In this very moment, the location of the artifact has been revealed, an opportunity that cannot be ignored. But it rests in an area known to treasure-hunters as a place where lightning rain burns flesh and shatters dreams…
The Symbaroum Starter Set – Treasure Hunts in Davokar includes:
- A 64-page illustrated rule book, introducing the game’s easy-to-learn and highly flexible ruleset along with its dark and mysterious game world.
- A 64-page adventure compendium by (name), including two adventure locations for your players to explore and rules for designing adventures of your own.
- The Symbaroum Bright Davokar Dice Set, with all the dice you need for combat, problem-solving and social challenges.
- A double-sided map, with one side depicting the game setting at large, and the other the treasure-hunters’ town of Thistle Hold.
- A second double-sided map, showing the main locations of the two pre-made adventure landscapes, meant to be used at the gaming table.
- Six character sheets, describing five readymade player characters and one mystical companion for you to play.
Modiphius has announced the release of the Symbaroum Game Master’s Guide, a brand new release for the awesome Swedish dark fantasy RPG.
The Symbaroum Game Master’s Guide is available in print and PDF as part of the Symbaroum Collection on Modiphius.net.
Here are the details on this intriguing new release, an essential addition for GMs and one that rounds out the entire Symbaroum core book releases and brings a wealth of additional information and guidance for GMs looking to extend their players’ adventures in the realms of Davokar and Ambria.
It was dead silent in the ranks, so breathlessly tense that the creaking of our leather armor felt deafening; just as silent as our Davokar outpost had been for the past three weeks. Even the sellswords that our Lord had hired in an attempt to tip the scales in his favor seem to appreciate the gravity of the situation – they made up the rear of the column, atypically in line, unusually disciplined. Silent.
We had no idea what to expect. The scouts had not come back, neither the first, nor the second troupe that had left for the outpost. Some homing pigeons belonging to the latter returned, but without information about what had happened. Was it a belligerent branch of Clan Karohar? A raving liege troll or a pack of predators? An ancient or dark contagion, or indeed some roaming abomination?
The truth proved even worse: Iron Pact warriors, backed by Ironsworn barbarians. They attacked without question, without hesitation, without mercy – out of the shadows, from the foliage, from behind root and stem and stone. My advice to you who are to inherit my Lord’s domain is simple: Let yourself settle for what can be harvested under open skies; that which is shadowed by the trees of Davokar is not yours to own or salvage. Accept this, or join the ranks of the dea…
With the Game Master’s Guide, Symbaroum’s collection of core books is complete! Between its covers are three solid sections, meant to inspire and support Game Masters when it comes to everything from the creation of homebrew adventures to managing sessions around the gaming table. No matter if you choose to embrace it all or only pick the goodies out of the cake, the tips and alternative rules presented in this book will certainly help make adventures in Symbaroum’s game world even more spicy, thrilling and memorable.
- The Adventure section, with chapters on the design of game worlds, chronicles, adventure landscapes and of adventures set in the Underworld, Yonderworld and Spirit World. It also offers tips regarding how to construct scenarios for experienced player characters, and guidelines for Troupe Play in Symbaroum.
- The Challenges section, containing alternative rules for pitched battles, advanced traps and social challenges. Adding to this are chapters on Ceremonial Magic (including sixteen ceremonies), expeditions in Davokar, exploration of ruins, the design of legendary creatures and rules for handling player characters owning and managing an estate or smaller domain.
- The Rewards Section, which offers suggestions on different ways of rewarding player characters and their players, aside from Experience and shiny coins. The chapters also present guidelines for designing what in Symbaroum are called Curiosities, Mystical Treasures and Artifacts, after which the book is rounded off with the description of no less than twenty seven artifacts – all of them with a unique adventure set-up.
- Note that this book requires access to the Symbaroum Core Rulebook, and that it does not come into its own without the Advanced Player’s Guide and the Symbaroum Monster Codex.