The Monster Hunters’ Club is a licensed setting for the Savage Worlds Roleplaying Game set in the 1980’s and inspired by kids’ adventure and horror films, television, and novels like E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, The Goonies, The Monster Squad, The Lost Boys, Fright Night, It, Super 8, Stranger Things, and many more. Players take on the roles of children, growing up in the 80’s, who become heroes.
The roleplaying game expansion by CSS Games is currently raising funds on Kickstarter.
The Monster Hunters’ Club book features:
- 18 detailed, customizable archetypes
- New Edges and Hindrances
- 4 Arcane Backgrounds (Belief, Gadgetry, Psychokinesis, and Storytelling)
- New Powers
- A Bestiary of new creatures
- The detailed town of Gulf Haven, Alabama as it appears in the mid-1980’s
- A complete plot point campaign with savage tales
- An adventure generator
- Setting Rules to help capture the feel of 80’s Kids’ adventure movies.
Stretch goals include short “one sheet” adventures from some of the biggest names in the Savage Worlds community, including Preston DuBose, Danny James Walsh, Eric Lamoureux, and Jason L. Blair. In addition, brand new floorplans from Fabled Environments, a custom character sheet from Karl Keesler, and a mini-campaign from Tommy Brownell are also available as stretch goals.