Vaesen RPG – Mythic Britain & Ireland is live on Kickstarter
Do you dare to leave the Mythic North and set sail for mist shrouded isles? Free League has announced that Vaesen RPG: Mythic Britain & Ireland has launched on Kickstarter.
Face the mythic creatures of Britain and Ireland in the upcoming expansion to the multiple award-winning Vaesen – Nordic Horror Roleplaying. The brand new setting invites you to experience gothic horror mysteries in the lands of Mary Shelley, Arthur Conan Doyle, and Bram Stoker.
Vaesen RPG: Mythic Britain & Ireland is written by industry legend and ENNIE-winner Graeme Davis and beautifully illustrated by ENNIE-winning artist Johan Egerkrans.
If you pledge within 24 hours of the launch – i.e. no later than 3 pm CET (2 pm GMT, 9 am US Eastern, 6 am US Pacific) on Wednesday December 8, you get a bonus reward at no extra cost: an exclusive art print by Johan Egerkrans of the “Black Dog” vaesen! It will be printed on thick high-quality paper in format format 216x279mm.
Mythic Britain & Ireland Contents:
- Information about the British Society, its founders and headquarters.
- A gazetteer over the sprawling city of London complete with adventure locations and secret societies.
- A guide to the mythology of Mythic Britain and Ireland, with a score of mythological locations across the islands.
- A chapter detailing a number of mythical beings, vaesen, with stats, background information, story seeds and variants.
- Old Meg: A mystery which takes the player characters to Gloucestershire to investigate a slew of gruesome killings and discover an ancient evil.
- The Llantywyll Incident: A mystery wherein the characters travel to Wales and a mine stricken with strange misfortunes.
- The Hampstead Group: A mystery in the heart of London, where the characters are invited to an artist’s commune with some very weird habits.
Seasons of Mystery Contents:
- Dance of Death: The player characters travel to the idyllic springtime countryside of Dalarna in northern Sweden to solve a deadly mystery. Written by Gabrielle DeBourg.
- Fireheart: Religious fervor runs high in rural Småland as the hottest summer in living memory trigger massive forest fires, crop failure, widespread poverty, and a mass exodus to America. Will the player character uncover what’s behind it all – and live to tell the tale? Written by Tomas Härenstam.
- The Devil on the Moor: Journey west to the windswept autumn moors of Grimsted Lyng on the Danish island of Jylland and investigate a tale of terror where modernity is pitted against the old ways. Written by Andreas Marklund.
- A Winter’s Tale: The characters travel to the snow-covered forests of Ingria east of the Baltic Sea and are challenged by a mysterious adversary under the glittering winter stars. Written by Kiku Pukk Härenstam.