Hasbro Announces Risk: Shadow Forces
During Hasbro’s Pulse Con event, the Avalon Hill panel announced Risk: Shadow Forces. It’s been 10 years since Risk Legacy was released and this new version is a new legacy game.
In the game, you’ll pick factions to battle it out against friends including guerilla, corporate, syndicate, desperate masses, unified forces. You’ll pick a warlord to lead your forces. Warlords have unique tactics and strategies you can customize during the game. They’ll lead the global armies as well s a separate skirmish board where you’ll have more small-scale missions. The Warlords’ powers are featured through a deck.
Warlords have emerged to not only lead the various factions but also go on covert missions. Each of these covert missions is a squad-level skirmish game that will have a direct effect on the world map in certain undetermined secret locations.
Risk Legacy was a game-changing release ushering in the “legacy” genre of games where your choices and results in the game change the board for future games. In “legacy” games, you mark the game board putting things like stickers on it, and even throw away parts! Every player impacts how the world “evolves” including the history, cities, and how their factions fight. You’ll unlock new rules and watch events unfold with each game. This means no two games will be the same.
It is the year 2050 and the world is not as it should be. Tides lash the shorelines, smashing everything in their reach. Hurricanes whip down out of nowhere and destroy entire cities while uncontrollable fire storms tear across nearly every continent. Viruses rage out of control. Within this chaos nefarious factions work from the shadows conducting disinformation campaigns and mobilizing mercenaries to collect a new mysterious energy resource of incalculable power. These factions, led by ruthless warlords, are fighting for power and control, but they are also simply battling for the destiny of humanity. The shadow conflict begins.
The game includes:
- Four sealed envelopes and one sealed container. You will be directed to open these envelopes as you play your campaign missions in order.
- Features 6 highly detailed 28mm warlords miniature figures with tactic cards
- Includes 15 missions: 10 global world map games (>60 mins) and 5 covert skirmish games (30 mins)
- Includes two 9 x 14 double-sided gameboards
- Global gameboard, 2 double-sided gameboards, over 175 cards, 5 warlord miniatures, 5 HQs, 45 3-faction units, 180 1-faction units, sealed container labeled B, 4 sealed envelopes, 5 faction reference cards, range guide, 95 tokens, sticker sheet, 5 6-sided dice, rulebook, quick rules reference card
Risk: Shadow Forces is for 3 to 5 players ages 13+. You can pre-order it now on Hasbro Pulse for $68.99.